EU/WTO: EU signals further cuts to food subsidies
EU agriculture commissioner Franz Fischler has signalled that the European Union is prepared to agree to lower its food production subsidies below that agreed in last year's Agenda 2000 package. The EU Council of Ministers has accepted a negotiating position proposed by the European Commission, which is representing the EU at the current round on agricultural products at the WTO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid