EU/WTO: EU signals further cuts to food subsidies
EU agriculture commissioner Franz Fischler has signalled that the European Union is prepared to agree to lower its food production subsidies below that agreed in last year's Agenda 2000 package. The EU Council of Ministers has accepted a negotiating position proposed by the European Commission, which is representing the EU at the current round on agricultural products at the WTO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations