EU: EU steps up bid for better protection of regional products
EU Member States have cleared a shortlist of 41 EU regional products whose names the EU wants to recover and protect. The European commission said in a statement that the list will be negotiated in the agriculture negotiations within the World Trade Organisation's Doha Development Agenda. The shortlist contains well-established European products whose names, the EU says, are being abused, such as Roquefort cheese, Parma ham or Rioja wine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods