EU: EU steps up bid for better protection of regional products
EU Member States have cleared a shortlist of 41 EU regional products whose names the EU wants to recover and protect. The European commission said in a statement that the list will be negotiated in the agriculture negotiations within the World Trade Organisation's Doha Development Agenda. The shortlist contains well-established European products whose names, the EU says, are being abused, such as Roquefort cheese, Parma ham or Rioja wine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor