EU: EU watchdog raps Commission over oil seed subsidies
The European Union's financial watchdog, the Court of Auditors, has released a critical report about the European Commission's management of the EU's oil seeds support scheme. Notably, it said that Brussels only evaluated the 1991 scheme in 2000, it also accepted regionalisation plans containing overstated historical yields and the €29.3m (US$28.3m) granted between 1992 and 2000 was higher than the amount specified by EU law, increasing European expenditure by €366 in this time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill