EU: EU watchdog raps Commission over oil seed subsidies
The European Union's financial watchdog, the Court of Auditors, has released a critical report about the European Commission's management of the EU's oil seeds support scheme. Notably, it said that Brussels only evaluated the 1991 scheme in 2000, it also accepted regionalisation plans containing overstated historical yields and the €29.3m (US$28.3m) granted between 1992 and 2000 was higher than the amount specified by EU law, increasing European expenditure by €366 in this time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses