EU: EU watchdog raps Commission over oil seed subsidies
The European Union's financial watchdog, the Court of Auditors, has released a critical report about the European Commission's management of the EU's oil seeds support scheme. Notably, it said that Brussels only evaluated the 1991 scheme in 2000, it also accepted regionalisation plans containing overstated historical yields and the €29.3m (US$28.3m) granted between 1992 and 2000 was higher than the amount specified by EU law, increasing European expenditure by €366 in this time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up