EU: EU watchdog raps Commission over oil seed subsidies
The European Union's financial watchdog, the Court of Auditors, has released a critical report about the European Commission's management of the EU's oil seeds support scheme. Notably, it said that Brussels only evaluated the 1991 scheme in 2000, it also accepted regionalisation plans containing overstated historical yields and the €29.3m (US$28.3m) granted between 1992 and 2000 was higher than the amount specified by EU law, increasing European expenditure by €366 in this time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week