EU/USA: EU wins hollow victory at WTO over Caribbean bananas
The US has lost an appeal at the World Trade Organisation against a ruling that it acted against world trade rules by imposing provisional sanctions on European Union exporters - because Brussels had failed to comply with earlier rulings in the long-running Caribbean bananas case - before the WTO had given Washington official permission to take such action.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin