USA: Eurofruit Magazine corrects misstatement regarding U.S., ACP and Latin American opposition to EU's banana scheme
Chiquita Brands International wants journalists to be aware that Eurofruit Magazine has corrected a serious error that created the mistaken impression that Europe's most recent banana import policy is acceptable to the United States and some Latin American, African, Caribbean and Pacific nations.In a headline for a story in the October 2000 issue, the magazine said that these nations "agree" with the European Union's "first-come, first- served" proposal, when in fact they disagree with it. The magazine has acknowledged its error and filed a correction, the text of which is replicated below:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti