USA: Eurofruit Magazine corrects misstatement regarding U.S., ACP and Latin American opposition to EU's banana scheme
Chiquita Brands International wants journalists to be aware that Eurofruit Magazine has corrected a serious error that created the mistaken impression that Europe's most recent banana import policy is acceptable to the United States and some Latin American, African, Caribbean and Pacific nations.In a headline for a story in the October 2000 issue, the magazine said that these nations "agree" with the European Union's "first-come, first- served" proposal, when in fact they disagree with it. The magazine has acknowledged its error and filed a correction, the text of which is replicated below:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations