UK: Europe optimistic over FMD while the UK groans under the weight of crisis
There is growing optimism that the foot and mouth epidemic may be largely confined to the UK after no new cases of the contagious virus has been reported in France since last week. But vigilance still remains high against the disease in continental Europe despite the discovery of one confirmed case on a farm in Mayenne, France. Scares in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands - where animals have shown foot-and-mouth symptoms - have come and gone, boosting hopes that measures in the continent can be relaxed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action