UK: Europe optimistic over FMD while the UK groans under the weight of crisis
There is growing optimism that the foot and mouth epidemic may be largely confined to the UK after no new cases of the contagious virus has been reported in France since last week. But vigilance still remains high against the disease in continental Europe despite the discovery of one confirmed case on a farm in Mayenne, France. Scares in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands - where animals have shown foot-and-mouth symptoms - have come and gone, boosting hopes that measures in the continent can be relaxed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO