UK: Europe optimistic over FMD while the UK groans under the weight of crisis
There is growing optimism that the foot and mouth epidemic may be largely confined to the UK after no new cases of the contagious virus has been reported in France since last week. But vigilance still remains high against the disease in continental Europe despite the discovery of one confirmed case on a farm in Mayenne, France. Scares in France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands - where animals have shown foot-and-mouth symptoms - have come and gone, boosting hopes that measures in the continent can be relaxed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs