EU: European Commission launches Round Table talks on GMOs
A series of public meetings will be staged by the European Commission to debunk some of the myths about genetically modified food and other biotechnologies, and promote rational scientific debate on the subject. The launch meeting of Brussels' so-called GMO Round Table has already been held. It focused on Bt maize, one of the first GM foodstuffs to be approved for cultivation in the EU (in January 1997).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund