EU: European court rejects challenge to EU FMD vaccination ban
The European Court of Justice (EJC) has ruled that the EU's policy to ban vaccination against foot and mouth disease is perfectly legal, even for animals in areas where the disease has not occurred. Ruling on a case brought by the national court in the Netherlands, the ECJ said the cost and disadvantages of preventive vaccination of all animals in the EU "would greatly outweigh those of a non-vaccination policy".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery