EU: European court rejects challenge to EU FMD vaccination ban
The European Court of Justice (EJC) has ruled that the EU's policy to ban vaccination against foot and mouth disease is perfectly legal, even for animals in areas where the disease has not occurred. Ruling on a case brought by the national court in the Netherlands, the ECJ said the cost and disadvantages of preventive vaccination of all animals in the EU "would greatly outweigh those of a non-vaccination policy".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife
- Nestle launches global sugar target