EU: European legislative framework for GMOs now in place
The EU Council of Ministers has formally adopted two European Commission proposals on genetically modified organisms (GMOs) that establish a system to trace and label GMOs and to regulate the placing on the market and labelling of food and feed products derived from GMOs. The Commission said the new legislation will consolidate a trustworthy and safe approach to GMOs, GM food and GM feed, ensure full traceability of GMOs throughout the chain from farm to table and provide consumers with comprehensive information by labelling all food and feed consisting of, containing or produced from a GMO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes