EU: European organic dairy sales topped €1.2bn in 2001
Sales of organic dairy products in Europe expanded by 26.2% in 2001 to top €1.2bn (US$1.08bn), according to a new strategic study by strategic research & consulting company Organic Monitor. Consumer demand for organic dairy products remains strong in Europe with many countries reporting sales growth in excess of 30% in 2001. The highest growth was observed in the Italian and German markets last year due to the BSE crisis elevating consumer demand. The BSE crisis has been responsible for a large rise in organic food sales from mainstream food retailers in these countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund