NETHERLANDS: Ex-Ahold CEO received no Uruguay summons, says lawyer
Cees van der Hoeven, the former chief executive of troubled Dutch retailer Ahold, has received no summons from Uruguay regarding a fraud investigation there, according to his lawyer. "We have seen no official document from any official from Uruguay," Michail Wladimiroff, lawyer for Van der Hoeven, told Reuters. "All I know is what you know - each newspaper is parroting the other."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry