UK/NETHERLANDS: Ex-Ahold CEO Rishton lined up for Unilever boards
Rishton was Ahold boss for four years until 2011
Rishton, who was Ahold boss between 2007 and 2011, will be put for election to Unilever's boards in May.
He left Ahold last year to join engineering giant Rolls Royce as CEO. Rishton joined Ahold in 2006 as CFO and Unilever chairman Michael Treschow cited the Englishman's financial experience for his nomination to the company's boards.
"He is distinguished in his field and will further strengthen the financial expertise of the boards, which will add considerably to the business," Treschow said.
Unilever N.V. and PLC
Notification of Changes to the Boards
Unilever today announced that it is proposing that Mr John Rishton join the Boards as a Non-Executive Director. He will be proposed for election to the Boards at the Annual General Meetings on 15 May 2013.
John Rishton has been chief executive officer of Rolls Royce Holdings plc since 31 March 2011. Prior to that, he had been the chief executive officer of Royal Ahold N.V. since 2007, a company he joined as chief financial officer in 2006. In 2007, Mr Rishton became a Non-Executive Director of Rolls Royce Group and served as chairman of the audit committee and a member of the ethics and nominations committees prior to his executive appointment.
Michael Treschow, Chairman of Unilever, said: "I am very pleased that John has agreed to be proposed to join the Boards. He is distinguished in his field and will further strengthen the financial expertise of the Boards, which will add considerably to the business."
17 December 2012
Original source: Unilever
Hindustan Unilever has a diverse foods portfolio, comprising beverages (tea and coffee), processed food (Kissan, Knorr and Annapurna ranges of products), frozen desserts, bakery products (Modern Foods...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits