UK/NETHERLANDS: Ex-Ahold CEO Rishton lined up for Unilever boards
Rishton was Ahold boss for four years until 2011
Rishton, who was Ahold boss between 2007 and 2011, will be put for election to Unilever's boards in May.
He left Ahold last year to join engineering giant Rolls Royce as CEO. Rishton joined Ahold in 2006 as CFO and Unilever chairman Michael Treschow cited the Englishman's financial experience for his nomination to the company's boards.
"He is distinguished in his field and will further strengthen the financial expertise of the boards, which will add considerably to the business," Treschow said.
Unilever N.V. and PLC
Notification of Changes to the Boards
Unilever today announced that it is proposing that Mr John Rishton join the Boards as a Non-Executive Director. He will be proposed for election to the Boards at the Annual General Meetings on 15 May 2013.
John Rishton has been chief executive officer of Rolls Royce Holdings plc since 31 March 2011. Prior to that, he had been the chief executive officer of Royal Ahold N.V. since 2007, a company he joined as chief financial officer in 2006. In 2007, Mr Rishton became a Non-Executive Director of Rolls Royce Group and served as chairman of the audit committee and a member of the ethics and nominations committees prior to his executive appointment.
Michael Treschow, Chairman of Unilever, said: "I am very pleased that John has agreed to be proposed to join the Boards. He is distinguished in his field and will further strengthen the financial expertise of the Boards, which will add considerably to the business."
17 December 2012
Original source: Unilever
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details