US: Ex-Fonterra CEO joins Bunge board
Ferrier, 53, is managing director of private investment firm Canz Capital, which he founded in 2011
Ferrier, who left New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra in July last year, will join the Bunge board with immediate effect, the group said today (5 December).
Ferrier, 53, is managing director of private investment firm Canz Capital, which he founded in 2011. He also serves as a director of Orion Health, a New Zealand-based privately-owned software company.
Andrew Ferrier to Join Bunge Limited Board of Directors
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bunge Limited (NYSE: BG) today announced that Andrew Ferrier has been appointed to its Board of Directors as an independent director, effective immediately.
Mr. Ferrier, age 53, is Managing Director of Canz Capital Limited, a private investment company he founded in 2011. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd., a leading New Zealand-based international dairy company, from 2003 to 2011. Previously, he served as President and Chief Executive Officer of GSW Inc., a Canadian consumer durable goods manufacturer, from 2000 to 2003.
Prior to 2000, Mr. Ferrier spent 16 years in the sugar industry working in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Mexico. Five of those years, from 1994 to 1999, were at Tate & Lyle, where he ultimately served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Tate & Lyle North America Sugars Inc.
"Andrew brings significant experience as the former CEO of an international company focused on agricultural exports," said Alberto Weisser, Chairman and CEO, Bunge Limited. "His success in growing businesses and market share, along with his deeply relevant operational experience in the sugar industry, will make him a valuable addition to our Board."
Mr. Ferrier has served as Chairman of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, the national economic development agency, since November 2012. He also serves as a director of Orion Health Limited, a New Zealand-based privately owned software company, and is a member of the University of Auckland Council.
About Bunge Limited
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 35,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed and edible oil products for commercial customers and consumers; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in North and South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
SOURCE Bunge Limited
Original source: Bunge Limited
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)