US: Ex-Hostess Brands chief Driscoll named Diamond Foods CEO
Driscoll took the role of Diamond CEO today (8 May) and joins a company rebuilding after an accounting scandal that led to the exit of its former chief executive and the end of a plan to buy global snacks brand Pringles.
Driscoll's last position was at Hostess Brands, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January, with over US$1bn in debts. It was the second time in the company's history that it applied for Chapter 11 protection. Driscoll resigned from the Twinkies maker in March after two years at the business.
Rick Wolford, who took on the role of Diamond CEO on an interim basis following the accounting scandal and the departure of former chief executive Michael Mendes, said he was "excited about the many opportunities that lie ahead for the company under Brian's leadership".
He added: "I believe Diamond's future is very bright and will benefit significantly from Brian's experience as the leadership team resumes its industry leadership with the walnut business, executes on its branded snack strategies, and further builds a high performance and productive company culture."
Driscoll said he was "very optimistic" about Diamond's future. "I ... look forward to working closely with our employees, the grower community and our customers to take Diamond's businesses to another level. Together, we plan to build on the momentum of Diamond's impressive brands to grow sales, increase market share and drive shareholder value."
Diamond Foods has added new flavours to its Kettle Brand Bakes range on sale in the US....
Kellogg has admitted the cost of recalling boxes of Mini-Wheats cereal across the US could cost the company up to US$30m....
Japanese confectioner Morinaga has signed a licensing deal with Kellogg for the distribution of the Pringles brand in the country....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details