US: Ex-Hostess Brands chief Driscoll named Diamond Foods CEO
Driscoll took the role of Diamond CEO today (8 May) and joins a company rebuilding after an accounting scandal that led to the exit of its former chief executive and the end of a plan to buy global snacks brand Pringles.
Driscoll's last position was at Hostess Brands, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January, with over US$1bn in debts. It was the second time in the company's history that it applied for Chapter 11 protection. Driscoll resigned from the Twinkies maker in March after two years at the business.
Rick Wolford, who took on the role of Diamond CEO on an interim basis following the accounting scandal and the departure of former chief executive Michael Mendes, said he was "excited about the many opportunities that lie ahead for the company under Brian's leadership".
He added: "I believe Diamond's future is very bright and will benefit significantly from Brian's experience as the leadership team resumes its industry leadership with the walnut business, executes on its branded snack strategies, and further builds a high performance and productive company culture."
Driscoll said he was "very optimistic" about Diamond's future. "I ... look forward to working closely with our employees, the grower community and our customers to take Diamond's businesses to another level. Together, we plan to build on the momentum of Diamond's impressive brands to grow sales, increase market share and drive shareholder value."
Diamond Foods has added new flavours to its Kettle Brand Bakes range on sale in the US....
Kellogg has admitted the cost of recalling boxes of Mini-Wheats cereal across the US could cost the company up to US$30m....
Japanese confectioner Morinaga has signed a licensing deal with Kellogg for the distribution of the Pringles brand in the country....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report