US: Ex-PepsiCo exec Ackerman named The Fresh Market CFO
Ackerman will join the North Carolina-based business next month. The 50-year-old was most recently CFO at bedding firm Sealy Corp. but his career includes a stint at PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division.
"With more than 25 years of experience across a broad range of consumer-oriented companies, Jeff's operational mindset and retail focus are a great fit with our company and culture," The Fresh Market president and CEO Craig Carlock said today (20 May).
Former The Fresh Market CFO Lisa Klinger quit in December to join US apparel group Kellwood.
The Fresh Market has over 130 stores in 25 US states. In the year to 27 January, The Fresh Market generated sales of US$1.33bn, an increase of 20% on a year earlier. Comparable-store sales were up 5.7%.
The Fresh Market Names Jeffrey Ackerman Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
GREENSBORO, N.C., May 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Fresh Market, Inc. (Nasdaq:TFM), a high growth specialty retailer of high quality food products, today announced the appointment of Jeffrey Ackerman as its Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer effective June 3. Mr. Ackerman, 50, will oversee the company's financial functions including accounting, audit, information technology, investor relations, tax, and financial planning and analysis.
"After conducting a national search, we are pleased to have attracted someone with Jeff's strong leadership skills and deep financial and business planning expertise to our senior executive team," said Craig Carlock, President and Chief Executive Officer. "With more than 25 years of experience across a broad range of consumer-oriented companies, Jeff's operational mindset and retail focus are a great fit with our company and culture."
Mr. Ackerman most recently served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Sealy Corporation, one of the largest bedding manufacturers in the world. Prior to Sealy, Mr. Ackerman was Vice President, Finance with Dade Behring, Inc. and held a variety of finance roles at the Frito-Lay branded snack division of PepsiCo Inc.
Mr. Ackerman holds a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Texas at Austin and a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management from Purdue University.
Original source: The Fresh Market
India presents significant potential to overseas FMCG firms - and some, like PepsiCo, Cadbury and United Biscuits have built big businesses in the market. However, India has its own domestic titans wh...
The Mexican government is set to become the latest to attempt to stem the tide of rising obesity through a tax on high-calorie foods and sugary drinks following a landmark decision by the Mexican Sena...
PepsiCo has launched a chocolate-covered crisp in the US - a product it claims will give consumers "an enjoyable sweet and savoury snacking experience"....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016