US: Ex-Toys "R" Us boss named Supervalu chairman
Supervalu banners include discount chain Save-a-Lot
Former Toys "R" Us chief executive Jerry Storch has become chairman of US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc.
Storch spent seven years as chairman and CEO at the toy retailer from 2006. His career also includes a stint as vice chairman at US retail giant Target Corp.
He succeeds Bob Miller, who has stepped down to "focus on other demands", Supervalu said. Miller will continue to advise the board, the retailer added.
"Jerry's tremendous experience in food and specialty retailing makes him especially well qualified for this role," Supervalu director Phil Francis said.
"At the same time, we are very grateful to Bob Miller, who is truly a giant in the retail grocery industry, for his service on the Supervalu board of directors."
Last week, Supervalu reported a jump in third-quarter profits but mixed sales across its business.
SUPERVALU INC. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings...
The acquisition of 1,100 Albertsons outlets in 2006 greatly improved Supervalu Inc’s market position, propelling the wholesaler and grocery retailer to third place in supermarkets. However, the chain ...
Organic Food in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
Agricultural Products in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ...
Fruit & vegetables in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The...
Grocery retailers in the US are adapting to a changing consumer environment by adopting new concepts and creative in-store innovations. Several upscale supermarket retailers, for instance, have expand...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Modern Grocery Retailing market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 0.76 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is th...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- E-commerce: Online could offer growth in Russia
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report