US: Ex-Toys "R" Us boss named Supervalu chairman
Supervalu banners include discount chain Save-a-Lot
Former Toys "R" Us chief executive Jerry Storch has become chairman of US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc.
Storch spent seven years as chairman and CEO at the toy retailer from 2006. His career also includes a stint as vice chairman at US retail giant Target Corp.
He succeeds Bob Miller, who has stepped down to "focus on other demands", Supervalu said. Miller will continue to advise the board, the retailer added.
"Jerry's tremendous experience in food and specialty retailing makes him especially well qualified for this role," Supervalu director Phil Francis said.
"At the same time, we are very grateful to Bob Miller, who is truly a giant in the retail grocery industry, for his service on the Supervalu board of directors."
Last week, Supervalu reported a jump in third-quarter profits but mixed sales across its business.
Organic Food in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
Agricultural Products in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ...
Costco Wholesale Corp, which leads mixed retailers in Canada, has performed well in the face of increased competition and a changing social and demographic landscape. While the retailer benefited from...
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- PepsiCo 2015 results, 2016 outlook - takeaways
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform
- PepsiCo forecasts dip in sales growth in 2016
- Russia draws up plans for tax on palm oil