US: Ex-Toys "R" Us boss named Supervalu chairman
Supervalu banners include discount chain Save-a-Lot
Former Toys "R" Us chief executive Jerry Storch has become chairman of US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc.
Storch spent seven years as chairman and CEO at the toy retailer from 2006. His career also includes a stint as vice chairman at US retail giant Target Corp.
He succeeds Bob Miller, who has stepped down to "focus on other demands", Supervalu said. Miller will continue to advise the board, the retailer added.
"Jerry's tremendous experience in food and specialty retailing makes him especially well qualified for this role," Supervalu director Phil Francis said.
"At the same time, we are very grateful to Bob Miller, who is truly a giant in the retail grocery industry, for his service on the Supervalu board of directors."
Last week, Supervalu reported a jump in third-quarter profits but mixed sales across its business.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures