US: Ex-Toys "R" Us boss named Supervalu chairman
Supervalu banners include discount chain Save-a-Lot
Former Toys "R" Us chief executive Jerry Storch has become chairman of US grocery retailer Supervalu Inc.
Storch spent seven years as chairman and CEO at the toy retailer from 2006. His career also includes a stint as vice chairman at US retail giant Target Corp.
He succeeds Bob Miller, who has stepped down to "focus on other demands", Supervalu said. Miller will continue to advise the board, the retailer added.
"Jerry's tremendous experience in food and specialty retailing makes him especially well qualified for this role," Supervalu director Phil Francis said.
"At the same time, we are very grateful to Bob Miller, who is truly a giant in the retail grocery industry, for his service on the Supervalu board of directors."
Last week, Supervalu reported a jump in third-quarter profits but mixed sales across its business.
Organic Food in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
Agricultural Products in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ...
Costco Wholesale Corp, which leads mixed retailers in Canada, has performed well in the face of increased competition and a changing social and demographic landscape. While the retailer benefited from...
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Mars rice policy more than crop-ticking exercise
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus