USA: Excel announces voluntary recall of 190,811 pounds of ground meat because of possible E. Coli
Excel Corporation, announced today that it is voluntarily recalling 190,811 pounds of ground beef, ground beef patties and ground pork packaged at its Newnan, Ga., plant because of possible contamination by E. coli O157:H7. The products were sold only at Kroger stores in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, four stores in Kentucky (Hopkinsville, Bowling Green, Madisonville and Powderly), and the Knoxville and Nashville areas of eastern Tennessee.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods