CANADA: Exceldor acquires P&H Foods
Butterball maker P&H Foods, a division of cooperative Parrish and Heimbecker Ltd has been acquired by poultry co-operative Exceldor for an undisclosed sum.
Included in the transaction are the primary turkey processing plant located in Hanover, Ontario, and a joint venture interest in Golden Valley Farms consisting of a further processing plant located in Arthur, Ontario.
The licensing agreement with Butterball is due to close in the third quarter of the year.
"The acquisition of P&H Foods gives us the opportunity not only to expand our operations outside the Province of Quebec, but also integrate Butterball to our portfolio of existing brands in Canada," said René Proulx, Exceldor's President and CEO. As a result of this acquisition, Exceldor will have revenues in excess of CA$625 and its products will be sold across Canada
"We are pleased to be joining Exceldor, an industry leading organization that has a well-respected reputation in the Canadian poultry industry for management excellence and product innovation. Our 400 employees look forward to becoming members of the Exceldor team," added Paul Borg, President of P&H Foods.
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy