CANADA: Exceldor acquires P&H Foods
Butterball maker P&H Foods, a division of cooperative Parrish and Heimbecker Ltd has been acquired by poultry co-operative Exceldor for an undisclosed sum.
Included in the transaction are the primary turkey processing plant located in Hanover, Ontario, and a joint venture interest in Golden Valley Farms consisting of a further processing plant located in Arthur, Ontario.
The licensing agreement with Butterball is due to close in the third quarter of the year.
"The acquisition of P&H Foods gives us the opportunity not only to expand our operations outside the Province of Quebec, but also integrate Butterball to our portfolio of existing brands in Canada," said René Proulx, Exceldor's President and CEO. As a result of this acquisition, Exceldor will have revenues in excess of CA$625 and its products will be sold across Canada
"We are pleased to be joining Exceldor, an industry leading organization that has a well-respected reputation in the Canadian poultry industry for management excellence and product innovation. Our 400 employees look forward to becoming members of the Exceldor team," added Paul Borg, President of P&H Foods.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020