US: Executive appointments at Daymon Worldwide
Daymon Worldwide, which specialises in the sales and marketing of private label consumer products, has announced that Alex Miller is to take over as the company's president and chief operating officer, succeeding Peter Brennan who has been named vice chairman of the board.
Miller will report to chairman Milton Sender, while executive vice presidents George Sarkis and Ed Wright, and Frank Cohenour, president of Daymon's demonstration division, will all now report to Miller.
"I am very pleased and excited to announce that effective immediately Peter is the new vice chairman of the board of Daymon Worldwide," Sender said. "This is a position and a title we have never had before, but I believe with the growth and complexity of the organisation and the industry, and considering our aggressive future growth objectives, this will prove to be a very pivotal position for the corporation."
On Miller's appointment, Sender added: "Alex's contributions to the growth of the Daymon organisation make him the logical candidate to assume the day-to-day leadership of the company. He has outstanding experience in domestic retail operations, the international arena and has headed various Daymon headquarters departments and capabilities."
Miller began his supermarket career in 1970 at Chatham Supermarkets in Detroit, and worked as a store manager and in several positions in the procurement and merchandising departments, before joining Daymon as account manager in 1980 when Chatham and Daymon began working together. He became vice president and company officer at Daymon in 1986, and was named executive vice president in 1996.
Brennan worked for Kroger when an undergraduate at Michigan State University and on graduation he joined American Home Products' National Foods Division as district manager for the Michigan area. He joined Daymon Associates in 1973, and became the company's president in 1992.
Companies: The Kroger Co
The former chairman of Inter Link Foods has insisted the future is bright for the company despite its move into administration and subsequent sale today (20 July)....
Inter Link Foods has been sold to Irish food group McCambridge after today (20 July) going into administration. The future of the UK baker, the maker of malt loaf brand Soreen and private-label cakes ...
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning to consumers not to eat certain brands of chili sauce because of possible botulism contamination....
Food retailer Ralphs opens a supermarket in downtown Los Angeles today (20 July), the result of a public-private partnership between property developer CIM Group, the City of Los Angeles and the retai...
Senoble, France's leading producer of retailers' own-brand dairy products, is spending EUR30m (US$40.8m) on increasing the capacity of its manufacturing plants....
Royal Wessanen and Rabo Capital have completed the merger of their frozen snacks businesses, following consultation with employee representatives....
US grocer Kroger Co. has declared its quarterly dividend....
US grocer Kroger Co. has launched milk designed to reduce cholesterol....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review