US: Exito, Shoprite to stock Safeway own-labels
US retailer Safeway has signed deals to expand the reach of two of its private-label brands in Colombia and South Africa.
ShopRite in South Africa and the Exito supermarket chain in Colombia will both stock the O Organics and the Eating Right brands, which currently have a presence in stores in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Chile, the Philippines and Saudi Arabia.
"With global demand for organic and 'better-for-you' foods rapidly expanding, we are thrilled at the opportunity to reach consumers on a worldwide scale," said Alex Petrov, president of Lucerne Foods.
"Through our easily implementable store-wide solution with expansive product portfolios and ability to meet the order volume of the largest supermarket chains, we can help retailers fulfill this fast-growing demand by delivering the highest quality options to everyone, everywhere."
The expanded retail distribution represents the latest step in the evolution of the expanding O Organics and Eating Right brands, the company said.
O Organics launched in 2005 launch and Eating Right in 2007 in Safeway stores. The brands are now available in over 3,000 retail stores spanning seven countries.
Private label was the topic on the lips of Xavier Govare, CEO of Alfesca, Pierre-Olivier Beckers, Delhaize CEO, and Sara Lee's Brenda Barnes this week, while Sir Stuart Rose stole the limelight with t...
Sustainability is becoming ever-more crucial for food companies and, this week, the hot topic was palm oil. The WWF issued a report praising those who had moves to source greener palm oil - but castig...
Over the past week, Marks and Spencer chairman Sir Stuart Rose shared some of his intentional expansion plans with just-food amid news that the retailer was adding branded products to its offering. Kr...
US-based food group Sara Lee has indicated that it hopes to boost top-line growth in the remainder of the year by increasing its investment in pricing....
Belgian retailer Delhaize said today (5 November) that increased promotional activity from national brands has slowed the growth of its private label sales in the US....
What goes into food and what is slapped on the outside dominated the headlines on just-food this week. Food manufacturers and retailers continued to fall over themselves to demonstrate their commitmen...
Chiquita Brands International has boosted its investment in marketing in a bid to counter the growing pressure it is coming under from private label....
Chiquita Brands International has swung to a profit in the third quarter of 2009, despite declining sales, as cost savings and pricing improved the bottom line....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review