COLOMBIA: Exito to acquire 50 Super Inter stores
Exito acquires regional discounter Super Inter
Colombian retailer Exito has struck a deal to buy 50 Super Inter stores in a move it said would "consolidate" its "leadership" position in the country's grocery retail market.
Exito, in which France's Casino holds a majority stake, will take control of 19 stores this year. The remaining 31 outlets are subject to a call option exercisable in 2015, the company revealed.
Super Inter is an independent retailer located in two Colombian regions: Coffee in the centre of the country; and Cali in the south west.
"This operation will consolidate Exito's leadership in Colombia, expanding its footprint in these two regions," the company said.
Exito will continue to operate the outlets under the Super Inter banner, a Casino spokesperson confirmed. "The Super Inter brand will be maintained," the spokesperson added.
Retaining the Super Inter brand is expected to accelerate Exito's development in the discount format, complementing its discount chain Surtimax, the company added.
Super Inter generated sales of around US$450m in 2013. The deal is expected to be accretive to Exito's earnings in the first year. It remains subject to Colombian antitrust approval.
This is a detailed report covering Groupe Casino’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Colombia....
This is a detailed report covering Groupe Casino’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Brazil....
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits