CANADA: Expectant mothers to receive free milk under provincial programme
Officials from the Health Baby programme in the province of Manitoba revealed yesterday [Monday] that expectant mothers will soon receive coupons that can be redeemed for up to three litres of milk a week. The programme, which has recently seen its overall budget increase by C$1.3m (US$830,000), was established to provide financial aid to pregnant woman with low or moderate incomes. It costs the government C$200,000 a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife