CANADA: Expectant mothers to receive free milk under provincial programme
Officials from the Health Baby programme in the province of Manitoba revealed yesterday [Monday] that expectant mothers will soon receive coupons that can be redeemed for up to three litres of milk a week. The programme, which has recently seen its overall budget increase by C$1.3m (US$830,000), was established to provide financial aid to pregnant woman with low or moderate incomes. It costs the government C$200,000 a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti