UK: Experts warn of black market in meat and bone meal feed
Specialists are warning that an EU ban on meat and bone meal in animal feed could simply drive a lucrative industry underground, to be controlled by organised crime. Because soya and vegetable based proteins are still so expensive compared to the meat ones, experts in Belgium say it is only a matter of time before a black market is established to exploit the opportunities for ready cash in the recent measures to prevent the spread of BSE.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch