UK: Experts warn of black market in meat and bone meal feed
Specialists are warning that an EU ban on meat and bone meal in animal feed could simply drive a lucrative industry underground, to be controlled by organised crime. Because soya and vegetable based proteins are still so expensive compared to the meat ones, experts in Belgium say it is only a matter of time before a black market is established to exploit the opportunities for ready cash in the recent measures to prevent the spread of BSE.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival