UK: Experts warn of black market in meat and bone meal feed
Specialists are warning that an EU ban on meat and bone meal in animal feed could simply drive a lucrative industry underground, to be controlled by organised crime. Because soya and vegetable based proteins are still so expensive compared to the meat ones, experts in Belgium say it is only a matter of time before a black market is established to exploit the opportunities for ready cash in the recent measures to prevent the spread of BSE.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs