UK: Experts warn of black market in meat and bone meal feed
Specialists are warning that an EU ban on meat and bone meal in animal feed could simply drive a lucrative industry underground, to be controlled by organised crime. Because soya and vegetable based proteins are still so expensive compared to the meat ones, experts in Belgium say it is only a matter of time before a black market is established to exploit the opportunities for ready cash in the recent measures to prevent the spread of BSE.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund