SWITZ: Export growth cheers Pasta Gala
Switzerland-based pasta producer Pasta Gala has seen full-year sales rise 3% thanks to growing demand in export markets.
The company booked revenue of CHF26m (US$23.6m) after seeing exports jump by 20%.
"This development corresponds exactly to our marketing strategy," said Pasta Gala sales manager Markus Nussli.
Sales domestically showed a "slight decline", Pasta Gala said. The Swiss are the third-largest consumers of pasta, behind Italy and Greece.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre