USA: Export New Orleans Unlimited Acquires Cajun-World Superstore
Export New Orleans Unlimited LLC, www.exportneworleans.com , an e-commerce retailer specializing in New Orleans gift baskets, acquired Cajun-World Superstore, www.cajun-world.com , one of the first Cajun food retailers on the Internet and will take over day to day operations immediately. The terms of the deal were not disclosed but Export New Orleans' CEO Geoffrey L. Jensen said, "This acquisition will not only expand our customer base but also our products line up. Cajun-World has been in business since 1995 and has an enormous customer base that we would like to continue to serve but also introduce our line of New Orleans theme gift baskets to. This acquisition will more than double our annual gross sales and allow us to combine advertising which will cut advertising expenses by 30% or more without cutting back on our visibility. We will also be combining the two operations into one to reduce the total overhead by more than 40% without having to lay off any of the employees. This was an offer the Board of Directors could not let slip away."The two companies will maintain separate Web sites since Cajun-World has excellent search engine rankings in Cajun Food and Export New Orleans has established itself in the top ten search results in 90% of the search engines under New Orleans Gift Baskets. There will be product duplications between the two sites with Export New Orleans Unlimited being the discounted price of the two. CEO Geoffrey L. Jensen explains, "When we started Export New Orleans Unlimited we came in with a Circuit City mentality to be the low price leaders in New Orleans gift baskets and Cajun foods and I don not see us changing that now. There will only be a small number of duplicate items and the customer is really not going to save any money by buying a few items on one and then the other due to the separate shipping charges. We also want Export New Orleans Unlimited focus to be gift baskets since Cajun-World Superstore does not offer gift baskets."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review