NEW ZEALAND: Exporters of organic food from New Zealand are celebrating a boom in international sales
Certified organic exports totalled more than NZ$60m for the year to June 2000 - a staggering 77% increase on the previous year.The growth is being attributed to New Zealand's GM-free image and the rise in global demand for organic goods, one of the world's fastest growing food sectors.The European market accounted for nearly half the exported goods and showed the largest growth, followed by the USA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival