UK: Express Dairies receives takeover offer from Arla Foods
Britain's largest liquid milk producer, Express Dairies , confirmed yesterday [Sunday] that it had received a takeover offer from Danish giant Arla . The Leicester-based group, which says it controls 30% of the UK's milk market, revealed that preliminary discussions "may or may not lead to a cash offer being made for the company".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO