UK: Express Dairies takeover referred to Competition Commission
The UK Department of Trade and Industry has said it has referred the proposed acquisition of Express Dairies by Danish-based Arla Foods to the Competition Commission. "The OFT (Office of Fair Trading) has advised me that this proposed acquisition gives rise to a significant prospect of a substantial lessening of competition," Competition Minister Gerry Sutcliffe was quoted by Reuters as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO