AUSTRALIA: Extra quota and "experimental fishing" spell doom for Southern Bluefin tuna
Greenpeace activists dressed as lifeguards protested on Bondi Beach yesterday to challenge new moves by Japan to increase fishing quotas for the critically endangered Southern Bluefin tuna. The "lifeguards" demand that members of the Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin tuna (CCSBT) use their mandate to bring the species back from the brink of extinction. The CCSBT is meeting at Bondi's Swiss Grand Hotel from today until Saturday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery