AUSTRALIA: Extra quota and "experimental fishing" spell doom for Southern Bluefin tuna
Greenpeace activists dressed as lifeguards protested on Bondi Beach yesterday to challenge new moves by Japan to increase fishing quotas for the critically endangered Southern Bluefin tuna. The "lifeguards" demand that members of the Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin tuna (CCSBT) use their mandate to bring the species back from the brink of extinction. The CCSBT is meeting at Bondi's Swiss Grand Hotel from today until Saturday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales