UK: Faccenda posts positive sales, profit growth
Poultry and meat firm Faccenda has had a positive 2013
UK-based poultry and meat company Faccenda Group has posted gross profit increases of 9.77% for the financial year 2012/2013.
Sales were up GBP14m (US$23m) to GBP365m for the period ending 27 April 2013 and pre-tax profit was up from GBP3.54m to GBP5m.
Managing director Andy Dawkins said: "The general economic environment and fluctuating commodity markets continue to be challenging, but I am pleased by the improvement in both top line growth and bottom line performance for the third consecutive year."
The company is investing in a new processing facility at its Telford site following the acquisition of Cranberry Foods in 2012 and investment into its Brackley site.
Going forward, Dawkins said long term investment in the UK agriculture and manufacturing sectors would be the company's focus.
"Whilst overall we are pleased with these results, we are confident that we have the right strategy and people to build on our strong foundations and produce further improvements in year ahead" he concluded.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report