UK: Faccenda posts positive sales, profit growth
Poultry and meat firm Faccenda has had a positive 2013
UK-based poultry and meat company Faccenda Group has posted gross profit increases of 9.77% for the financial year 2012/2013.
Sales were up GBP14m (US$23m) to GBP365m for the period ending 27 April 2013 and pre-tax profit was up from GBP3.54m to GBP5m.
Managing director Andy Dawkins said: "The general economic environment and fluctuating commodity markets continue to be challenging, but I am pleased by the improvement in both top line growth and bottom line performance for the third consecutive year."
The company is investing in a new processing facility at its Telford site following the acquisition of Cranberry Foods in 2012 and investment into its Brackley site.
Going forward, Dawkins said long term investment in the UK agriculture and manufacturing sectors would be the company's focus.
"Whilst overall we are pleased with these results, we are confident that we have the right strategy and people to build on our strong foundations and produce further improvements in year ahead" he concluded.
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during November 2014. Using this report...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom