AUSTRALIA: Fall in meat production in December, particularly lamb, sheep and cattle
For the fifth consecutive month, lamb production in Australia has decreased. In December, the number of lambs slaughtered dropped by 100,000 from November's figures, totalling 1.5m, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). An even more dramatic fall was recorded in the figures of sheep slaughter, with total meat production recorded at 26,600 tonnes. This represents a drop of 0.3 million sheep.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week