AUSTRALIA: Fall in meat production in December, particularly lamb, sheep and cattle
For the fifth consecutive month, lamb production in Australia has decreased. In December, the number of lambs slaughtered dropped by 100,000 from November's figures, totalling 1.5m, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). An even more dramatic fall was recorded in the figures of sheep slaughter, with total meat production recorded at 26,600 tonnes. This represents a drop of 0.3 million sheep.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth