SWEDEN: Fall in milk consumption prompts Arla dairy closures
Annual milk sales in Sweden have dropped to SKr1.4bn, according to Skånemejerier . One company planning to shut dairies is Arla Foods , which to date has around 60 dairy farms. "A synergy effect with the merger with MD Foods means that we can halve the number of dairies. On the other hand, the time scale and details about which dairies will close is not clear," said Arla Foods' vice president Åke Modig. According to him, Arla should have closed dairies even before the merger with MD. The main reason is the reduction in consumption. "It is clearly a worry for us."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw