SWEDEN: Fall in milk consumption prompts Arla dairy closures
Annual milk sales in Sweden have dropped to SKr1.4bn, according to Skånemejerier . One company planning to shut dairies is Arla Foods , which to date has around 60 dairy farms. "A synergy effect with the merger with MD Foods means that we can halve the number of dairies. On the other hand, the time scale and details about which dairies will close is not clear," said Arla Foods' vice president Åke Modig. According to him, Arla should have closed dairies even before the merger with MD. The main reason is the reduction in consumption. "It is clearly a worry for us."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report