SWEDEN: Fall in milk consumption prompts Arla dairy closures
Annual milk sales in Sweden have dropped to SKr1.4bn, according to Skånemejerier . One company planning to shut dairies is Arla Foods , which to date has around 60 dairy farms. "A synergy effect with the merger with MD Foods means that we can halve the number of dairies. On the other hand, the time scale and details about which dairies will close is not clear," said Arla Foods' vice president Åke Modig. According to him, Arla should have closed dairies even before the merger with MD. The main reason is the reduction in consumption. "It is clearly a worry for us."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs