US: Family Dollar names Safeway exec Wong marketing chief
- Family Dollar names Safeway exec Wong CMO
- Discounter reported higher FY profits this month
- Analyst saw "opportunity" to gain share from grocers
Wong, who joined Safeway in 2010 from Procter & Gamble, will report to Family Dollar president and COO Michael Bloom.
"Effectively communicating our everyday value pricing to our customer is critical to driving trips and reinforcing our brand to grow our market share," Bloom said yesterday (15 October).
"In a highly competitive retail environment, Jocelyn brings the experience and strategic vision we need to drive innovation in how we communicate to our customer to differentiate our brand and improve customer loyalty through our circulars and in-store experience."
Earlier this month, Family Dollar reported an 8% increase in annual profits on the back of higher net sales as its stores succeeded in attracting more customers.
William Blair & Co analyst Mark Miller said the group's results "reaffirmed the company's significant secular growth opportunity to gain share from conventional supermarkets, which are challenged on all fronts".
October 15, 2012 08:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time Family Dollar Names Jocelyn Wong Senior Vice President, Marketing – Chief Marketing Officer
MATTHEWS, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Jocelyn Wong to the position of Senior Vice President – Chief Marketing Officer. Ms. Wong will report to Michael Bloom, President and Chief Operating Officer.
“Effectively communicating our everyday value pricing to our customer is critical to driving trips and reinforcing our brand to grow our market share,” said Mr. Bloom. “In a highly competitive retail environment, Jocelyn brings the experience and strategic vision we need to drive innovation in how we communicate to our customer to differentiate our brand and improve customer loyalty through our circulars and in-store experience.”
Ms. Wong began her career with Proctor and Gamble where she held various roles including Associate Marketing Director, NA Oral Care. Most recently she served as Group Vice President, Shopper Marketing for Safeway, where she led the creation of a newly formed shopper marketing organization. Ms. Wong holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and Biochemistry from Purdue University.
About Family Dollar
Beginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,400 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Original source: Family Dollar Stores
Ahold's exit from its ICA retail venture in Scandinavia and the Baltics looks set to net the Dutch company a cool US$3.4bn - but do not expect the Albert Heijn and Giant Food owner to go on an acquisi...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Marks & Spencer Plc in Retailing (United Kingdom)