US: Family Dollar names Safeway exec Wong marketing chief
- Family Dollar names Safeway exec Wong CMO
- Discounter reported higher FY profits this month
- Analyst saw "opportunity" to gain share from grocers
Wong, who joined Safeway in 2010 from Procter & Gamble, will report to Family Dollar president and COO Michael Bloom.
"Effectively communicating our everyday value pricing to our customer is critical to driving trips and reinforcing our brand to grow our market share," Bloom said yesterday (15 October).
"In a highly competitive retail environment, Jocelyn brings the experience and strategic vision we need to drive innovation in how we communicate to our customer to differentiate our brand and improve customer loyalty through our circulars and in-store experience."
Earlier this month, Family Dollar reported an 8% increase in annual profits on the back of higher net sales as its stores succeeded in attracting more customers.
William Blair & Co analyst Mark Miller said the group's results "reaffirmed the company's significant secular growth opportunity to gain share from conventional supermarkets, which are challenged on all fronts".
October 15, 2012 08:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time Family Dollar Names Jocelyn Wong Senior Vice President, Marketing – Chief Marketing Officer
MATTHEWS, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Jocelyn Wong to the position of Senior Vice President – Chief Marketing Officer. Ms. Wong will report to Michael Bloom, President and Chief Operating Officer.
“Effectively communicating our everyday value pricing to our customer is critical to driving trips and reinforcing our brand to grow our market share,” said Mr. Bloom. “In a highly competitive retail environment, Jocelyn brings the experience and strategic vision we need to drive innovation in how we communicate to our customer to differentiate our brand and improve customer loyalty through our circulars and in-store experience.”
Ms. Wong began her career with Proctor and Gamble where she held various roles including Associate Marketing Director, NA Oral Care. Most recently she served as Group Vice President, Shopper Marketing for Safeway, where she led the creation of a newly formed shopper marketing organization. Ms. Wong holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering and Biochemistry from Purdue University.
About Family Dollar
Beginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,400 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Original source: Family Dollar Stores
Ahold's exit from its ICA retail venture in Scandinavia and the Baltics looks set to net the Dutch company a cool US$3.4bn - but do not expect the Albert Heijn and Giant Food owner to go on an acquisi...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report