USA: Family rift sends Katz's Deli & Bar into court protection for sale
Austin, Texas-based Katz's Deli & Bar was placed in the care of District Judge Paul Davis last week after owner 54-year-old Marc Katz sought to prevent his son, 30-year-old Barry Katz, from running the business into the ground. Barry Katz was given a 49% stake in the restaurant in 1997, but his father now says that he has siphoned off US$1m from the business in order to fund his own Houston-based
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk