USA: Family rift sends Katz's Deli & Bar into court protection for sale
Austin, Texas-based Katz's Deli & Bar was placed in the care of District Judge Paul Davis last week after owner 54-year-old Marc Katz sought to prevent his son, 30-year-old Barry Katz, from running the business into the ground. Barry Katz was given a 49% stake in the restaurant in 1997, but his father now says that he has siphoned off US$1m from the business in order to fund his own Houston-based
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories