JAPAN: FamilyMart books mixed Q3
Japanese retailer FamilyMart reported a mixed set of third-quarter numbers, with higher operating sales and earnings but a drop in net profit.
Operating revenues in the three months to the end of November rose to JPY260.23bn (US$2.49bn), up from JPY257.1bn reported in the corresponding period of last year. The gains supported FamilyMart's operating profit, which edged up to JPY36.2bn from JPY36.1bn last year.
However, in a regulatory filing today (7 January) the company revealed net profit was hit by lower extraordinary income, which fell JPY3.59bn. Net income dropped JPY2.09bn to JPY19.85bn.
Click here to view the full release from FamilyMart.
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- Fonterra begins consultations in efficiency drive