JAPAN: FamilyMart books mixed Q3
Japanese retailer FamilyMart reported a mixed set of third-quarter numbers, with higher operating sales and earnings but a drop in net profit.
Operating revenues in the three months to the end of November rose to JPY260.23bn (US$2.49bn), up from JPY257.1bn reported in the corresponding period of last year. The gains supported FamilyMart's operating profit, which edged up to JPY36.2bn from JPY36.1bn last year.
However, in a regulatory filing today (7 January) the company revealed net profit was hit by lower extraordinary income, which fell JPY3.59bn. Net income dropped JPY2.09bn to JPY19.85bn.
Click here to view the full release from FamilyMart.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis