JAPAN: FamilyMart books mixed Q3
Japanese retailer FamilyMart reported a mixed set of third-quarter numbers, with higher operating sales and earnings but a drop in net profit.
Operating revenues in the three months to the end of November rose to JPY260.23bn (US$2.49bn), up from JPY257.1bn reported in the corresponding period of last year. The gains supported FamilyMart's operating profit, which edged up to JPY36.2bn from JPY36.1bn last year.
However, in a regulatory filing today (7 January) the company revealed net profit was hit by lower extraordinary income, which fell JPY3.59bn. Net income dropped JPY2.09bn to JPY19.85bn.
Click here to view the full release from FamilyMart.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details