JAPAN: FamilyMart books mixed Q3
Japanese retailer FamilyMart reported a mixed set of third-quarter numbers, with higher operating sales and earnings but a drop in net profit.
Operating revenues in the three months to the end of November rose to JPY260.23bn (US$2.49bn), up from JPY257.1bn reported in the corresponding period of last year. The gains supported FamilyMart's operating profit, which edged up to JPY36.2bn from JPY36.1bn last year.
However, in a regulatory filing today (7 January) the company revealed net profit was hit by lower extraordinary income, which fell JPY3.59bn. Net income dropped JPY2.09bn to JPY19.85bn.
Click here to view the full release from FamilyMart.
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform