JAPAN: FamilyMart books mixed Q3
Japanese retailer FamilyMart reported a mixed set of third-quarter numbers, with higher operating sales and earnings but a drop in net profit.
Operating revenues in the three months to the end of November rose to JPY260.23bn (US$2.49bn), up from JPY257.1bn reported in the corresponding period of last year. The gains supported FamilyMart's operating profit, which edged up to JPY36.2bn from JPY36.1bn last year.
However, in a regulatory filing today (7 January) the company revealed net profit was hit by lower extraordinary income, which fell JPY3.59bn. Net income dropped JPY2.09bn to JPY19.85bn.
Click here to view the full release from FamilyMart.
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Gluten-free early-mover Mrs Crimble's plots future
- Nakd sale "attracts Burton's, Hain, Kellogg"
- Venezuela seizes Nestle, PepsiCo distribution hub
- Kerry launches premium cooked meat brand in UK
- Mondelez "cautiously optimistic" on China
- Kellogg posts Q2 sales beat but H1 results down