NORTH KOREA: FamilyMart to open first store in North Korea
Convenience store chain FamilyMart is to open its first convenience store in North Korea this month. The company, which already operates 1,277 convenience stores in South Korea, plans to open the new 49.5 sq m store at Onjeonggak on Mt Geumgang. Unlike FamilyMart's usual format, the new store will not be open 24 hours a day, but rather it will open early in the morning and will close at 8pm, reported the Korea Herald.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods