NORTH KOREA: FamilyMart to open first store in North Korea
Convenience store chain FamilyMart is to open its first convenience store in North Korea this month. The company, which already operates 1,277 convenience stores in South Korea, plans to open the new 49.5 sq m store at Onjeonggak on Mt Geumgang. Unlike FamilyMart's usual format, the new store will not be open 24 hours a day, but rather it will open early in the morning and will close at 8pm, reported the Korea Herald.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations