USA: Famous Daves faces temporary restraining order on new Dallas outlets
Barbeque restaurant chain Famous Dave's of America has been prevented from opening, advertising or operating any new outlets in the Dallas market by a temporary restraining order. The order was granted by a Texas state court judge to Colter's Restaurants, Colter's Franchise and McGuire Properties on 19 August. The companies allege breach of confidentiality agreements between Famous Dave's and Colter's Restaurants during 2001 and 2002, when the two companies negotiated the potential sale of certain Colter's Dallas-based properties market to Famous Dave's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK