USA: Famous Daves faces temporary restraining order on new Dallas outlets
Barbeque restaurant chain Famous Dave's of America has been prevented from opening, advertising or operating any new outlets in the Dallas market by a temporary restraining order. The order was granted by a Texas state court judge to Colter's Restaurants, Colter's Franchise and McGuire Properties on 19 August. The companies allege breach of confidentiality agreements between Famous Dave's and Colter's Restaurants during 2001 and 2002, when the two companies negotiated the potential sale of certain Colter's Dallas-based properties market to Famous Dave's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw