USA: Famous Dave's posts first Q1 comparable sales drop in three years
Minneapolis-based barbeque restaurant chain Famous Dave's of America has posted revenues of US$21.2m for the Q1 2002, in line with previously issued guidance of US$21-22m. Comparable sales at company owned restaurants decreased 0.4% for the quarter. Comparable sales performance, the first quarterly decline in three years, was affected by Easter and the spring break season falling earlier in the year, as well as the consumer focus on the Winter Olympics. Average weekly sales for the quarter were US$45,140 for company operated restaurants and US$44,796 for franchise operated restaurants
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week