USA: Farm Bill passes in house - Debate moves to Senate
Calling Friday's (5 October) action, "welcomed news," United President & CEO Tom Stenzel reacted to the U.S. House passage of H.R. 2646, "The Farm Security Act of 2001." "On behalf of the produce industry and the larger agricultural community, I want to personally thank congressional leaders for having provided us a seat at the table during this process," commented Stenzel. "United looks forward to working with Chairman Harkin and the entire Senate on bringing about a Farm Bill that is equitable for everyone." On July 17, 2001, Tom Stenzel testified before the House Agriculture Committee in representing the produce industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed