USA: Farm Bill passes in house - Debate moves to Senate
Calling Friday's (5 October) action, "welcomed news," United President & CEO Tom Stenzel reacted to the U.S. House passage of H.R. 2646, "The Farm Security Act of 2001." "On behalf of the produce industry and the larger agricultural community, I want to personally thank congressional leaders for having provided us a seat at the table during this process," commented Stenzel. "United looks forward to working with Chairman Harkin and the entire Senate on bringing about a Farm Bill that is equitable for everyone." On July 17, 2001, Tom Stenzel testified before the House Agriculture Committee in representing the produce industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses