USA: Farm Bill passes in house - Debate moves to Senate
Calling Friday's (5 October) action, "welcomed news," United President & CEO Tom Stenzel reacted to the U.S. House passage of H.R. 2646, "The Farm Security Act of 2001." "On behalf of the produce industry and the larger agricultural community, I want to personally thank congressional leaders for having provided us a seat at the table during this process," commented Stenzel. "United looks forward to working with Chairman Harkin and the entire Senate on bringing about a Farm Bill that is equitable for everyone." On July 17, 2001, Tom Stenzel testified before the House Agriculture Committee in representing the produce industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review