USA: Farm Bill passes in house - Debate moves to Senate
Calling Friday's (5 October) action, "welcomed news," United President & CEO Tom Stenzel reacted to the U.S. House passage of H.R. 2646, "The Farm Security Act of 2001." "On behalf of the produce industry and the larger agricultural community, I want to personally thank congressional leaders for having provided us a seat at the table during this process," commented Stenzel. "United looks forward to working with Chairman Harkin and the entire Senate on bringing about a Farm Bill that is equitable for everyone." On July 17, 2001, Tom Stenzel testified before the House Agriculture Committee in representing the produce industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea