JAPAN: Farm minister promises no untested beef in food chain
Japanese farm minister Tsutomu Takebe reassured consumers earlier today [Tuesday] that a ban on the distribution of 13,000 tons of beef from cattle culled before nationwide testing for BSE began, on 18 October, will remain in place. Takebe told a news conference that the government "will never authorize distribution of this beef" and that it would be disposed of.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw