AUSTRALIA: Farmers call for rejection of sugar assistance deal
Sugar cane farmers in the Mackay district have requested that the Canegrowers' board of directors rejects the A$150m (US$83.0m) assistance package the government has offered. More than 300 farmers who met in Mackay last night [Tuesday] poured scorn on the negotiations held between their executive and the Federal and State governments, reported the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid