ITALY: Farmers continue blockade on French beef imports
Enraged Italian cattle farmers are maintaining their blockade at the French border. They are protesting against the fact that the ban on imports of French beef into the country is only partial. The protest began yesterday (20 November), but farmers have refused to leave until their demands are met on the lifting of the beef ban in Italian schools and the governmental dissemination of objective information on the risks and nature of BSE.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast