ITALY: Farmers continue blockade on French beef imports
Enraged Italian cattle farmers are maintaining their blockade at the French border. They are protesting against the fact that the ban on imports of French beef into the country is only partial. The protest began yesterday (20 November), but farmers have refused to leave until their demands are met on the lifting of the beef ban in Italian schools and the governmental dissemination of objective information on the risks and nature of BSE.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group