PHILIPPINES: Farmers' groups urge DA to abandon GM field trials
Farmers' groups have urged the Department of Agriculture to abandon plans to field-test GMOs in ten sites around the Philippines, over concerns about food security and ultimately rising production costs. In an interview with Business World , Manny Yap, executive director of the Magsasaka at Siyentipiko Para sa Pag-unlad ng Agrikultura (MASIPAG) umbrella organisation of farmers' groups, explained that the testing of Bt corn should stop immediately.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill