JAPAN: Farmers march to urge government to boost beef consumption
Cattle farmers marched into the centre of Tokyo on Wednesday, hoping to urge the Japanese government to up its efforts to boost beef consumption. Consumers have turned away from beef in their droves in the wake of the discovery of BSE in the national herd last September, and the more recent meat-labelling scandal involving Snow Brand Foods and a major Japanese supermarket.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs