JAPAN: Farmers march to urge government to boost beef consumption
Cattle farmers marched into the centre of Tokyo on Wednesday, hoping to urge the Japanese government to up its efforts to boost beef consumption. Consumers have turned away from beef in their droves in the wake of the discovery of BSE in the national herd last September, and the more recent meat-labelling scandal involving Snow Brand Foods and a major Japanese supermarket.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival