Quote, unquote: Farmers speak out at dairy summit
Farmers from around the UK descended en masse on London today (11 July) in a bid to raise awareness of the plight they face. A series of cuts to the farmgate milk price from the country's three largest processors have left farmers supplying milk at a price that they insist fails to meet the cost of production. In a display of unity, dairy producer representatives from the NFU, NFU Scotland, NFU Cymru, TFA and Farmers for Action outlined their demands to the capacity-filled Central Hall in Westminster.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry