POLAND: Farmers threaten to block imports of genetically modified corn
Polish farmers are set to use all legal means to block the illegal imports of genetically modified corn into the country. Marian Zagorny, leader of the Polish Farmers' Solidarity Union , issued the threat yesterday. Solidarity has also warned inspection authorities at Gdynia port that much of the corn imported as normal Argentine varieties is actually genetically modified. Inspectors there have now taken samples of the corn to analyse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant