POLAND: Farmers threaten to block imports of genetically modified corn
Polish farmers are set to use all legal means to block the illegal imports of genetically modified corn into the country. Marian Zagorny, leader of the Polish Farmers' Solidarity Union , issued the threat yesterday. Solidarity has also warned inspection authorities at Gdynia port that much of the corn imported as normal Argentine varieties is actually genetically modified. Inspectors there have now taken samples of the corn to analyse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid