POLAND: Farmers threaten to block imports of genetically modified corn
Polish farmers are set to use all legal means to block the illegal imports of genetically modified corn into the country. Marian Zagorny, leader of the Polish Farmers' Solidarity Union , issued the threat yesterday. Solidarity has also warned inspection authorities at Gdynia port that much of the corn imported as normal Argentine varieties is actually genetically modified. Inspectors there have now taken samples of the corn to analyse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth