AUSTRALIA: Fastest growing SA industry is livestock farming
Livestock farming is one of the fastest growing industries in South Australia (SA) with the establishment of three pork and chicken meat giants in the state; Port Wakefield Abattoirs, the Big River Pork Abattoir and Baiada Poultry. The Port Wakefield Abattoir and the Big River Pork Abattoir at Murray Bridge are playing crucial roles in the pork industry's expansion to production of around A$500m (US$256m). The growth has created over 300 jobs within the last two years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre