CHINA: Fastfood market keeps on growing
Over the course of last year, China's fastfood industry grew by more than 20% to record a turnover of over 200bn yuan (US$24bn), according to the China Daily newspaper. According to a survey by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce , the phenomenal growth rate has now continued for over ten years as established western giants and domestic competitors fight for market share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail