RUSSIA: Fazer Group to build Leningrad factory
Fazer Group plans to construct a factory in the Leningrad region of Russia to produce fresh and frozen bakery products, the company has confirmed.
"This plan was announced by our president Karsten Slotte during a meeting with the governor of the region Valery Serdyuko," a spokesperson for the company told just-food. "The facility will begin production in 2010, it is planned."
It is understood that production output will initially total 250-300 tonnes per day. However, the company expects this figure to double when the facility is running at full capacity.
The Finnish company operates in the confectionery and bakery segments in nine countries around the world. Fazer Group is divided into three segments: catering unit Fazer Amica, bakery business Fazer Bakeries and Fazer Russia.
Fazer Konfektyr Service, the Swedish confectionery unit of Fazer Group, has announced that it will delist its shares from the Stockholm stock exchange....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target