FINLAND: Fazer Group to close two bakeries
Fazer pointed to falling bread sales in Finland
Finland's Fazer Group has decided to close two bakeries in its domestic market as it restructures amid falling bread consumption in the country.
Fazer said production at the sites in Hyvinkää and Ulvila would end by next September at the earliest. The closures will affect 146 staff.
The company said it had to revamp its network as consumption habits in Finland are changing.
"The need for the negotiations was a result of the challenging market situation. Bread consumption is declining in Finland and consumer behaviour has changed in a significant way. The share of bread baked in stores is growing and that of pre-packed bread is falling," the company said. "Salary and energy costs have continued to rise as well and it is not possible to fully transfer the cost effects into prices."
Confectionery comprises of chocolate, sugar confectionery, and gum. Cocoa and sugar are the raw materials for chocolate and latex is the raw material used for gum. Many new varieties of confectionery ...
Chocolate is one of the most popular food product among all age groups of people. It is made up of cocoa liquor, cocoa butter, sugar, and lecithin. It is consumed in between meals and as a desert duri...
Summary Canadean's "SixContinents Catering Alliance: Foodservice - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020